Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chain of Insights

I vaguely know I had something I was going to talk about this week. Probably something either navel-gazing or incredibly pretentious. But I can't remember it. And I don't care! Because I actually have something I DO want to talk about!

Last night I was getting ready for bed when I was struck with a mode of insight. It's hard to describe. For maybe five minutes my brain stopped thinking in terms of logical progresses and just went straight from premises to conclusions. I managed to write one of them down, but the rest faded away after half an hour. It was one of the most surreal experiences since Chile.

So now what? I really want to make it happen again. How do I do that? I don't know. I'm completely at loss for how to go about this. Anybody have any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how you would go about doing that at will. It actually seems contradictory to go about achieving that though a logical process.

    But more importantly, what did you write down?

    ReplyDelete